Monday, August 2, 2010

An update!

So I haven't posted up here in a while and I think it is time for an update and some pictures. Last monday the rear shock mount bolt on my XCR sheared in half when I pulled it out of my brother's truck at a trail head. Fortunately there was an old-time hardware shop nearby with a good selection of bolts. I gave the guy my sheared bolt and he found me a replacement within a few minutes. The new bolt is 12.5 grade which basically means it is the strongest bolt known to man for its size! I remounted the shock in the hardware store parking lot and headed back to the trail. Its holding up well!







I rode at Town Run Trail Park in Indianapolis for the first time yesterday. It is a great trail! It is fast and exciting. You can make it as easy as you want or as hard as you want with ladder bridges, some nice drops, log crossings, and even a gap jump! I will definitely head back to it in the future, and if you are ever in the area, I suggest you give it a try!







This coming Sunday (6 days from now) I have my first ever bike race! It is a Super D at Brown County State Park and i am excited. I have never been in a race so I am a bit nervous as to what to expect. I plan on using my Peace 9r SS, but I will have my XCR with me as well just in case. Even if I don't win, I think I will have a bunch of fun. I will post up some pictures and video when that is done.







Here are some pictures of my bikes because I said I would:






I couldn't seem to find a newer picture of my XCR but I will get a video up too!



This is a drop at Town Run Trail Park. Total vertical distance is about 8', but with the transition it was about 4' (when I hit it anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment