Friday, August 13, 2010

Super D Race!

So this past weekend, August 7th and 8th, was the Sub-9 Super D at Brown County State Park. Saturday was practice and a pre-race clinic and Sunday was the actual race. It was my first race and I was really glad I did it. Even though i had ridden the course numerous times, I did two practice runs on Saturday. For my practice runs, I was on my XCR just for kicks, but I ended up actually riding it on race day, even though I had originally planned to ride my Peace. My first practice run I rode to the technical spots and walked them to see if I could find a good line. Usually I just find a line on the fly when I ride the trails. I am really glad I walked those spots though, because on my next practice run, I followed those lines and it felt really good. For the 5.5 mile course I clocked ~30 minutes on my second practice run at close to race pace. On race day, I was nervous and made a few stupid mistakes that I didn't make in practice. Mistakes included, I clocked 28:59 for my official time which made me happy! There was also a speed trap on part of the course and I hit 26mph which was only 4th slowest through there and was as fast as the overall winner. I met some pretty cool people at the race and saw some really cool bikes. I really want to race again. It was nice not worrying about consequences and just trying my hardest and pushing myself.




I ended up not wearing the armor in the race, as you can see in the pictures, but I am going to start wearing it a bit more often when I am really pushing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment