Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Scrambler update 2

So I got my bike back from the LBS.  Replaced the BB but it was still making the clicking noise so the mechanic turned the wheel so it was fixed and it made a different weird noise.  Tried changing the freewheel and that solved it.  When the mechanic handed me the old freewell, the ball bearings inside were very audibly rattling around.  So if you get one of these bike (which I still recommend), I would suggest replacing the freewheel.  Its cheap and will save you some pain later on, especially if you are out on a ride when it goes bust.  And if you are riding this bike around town like I do and you want a bigger gear, I would go down some teeth on the freewheel as it looks like there isn't much clearance on the chainstay to run a bigger ring than the 46T it comes with.

No comments:

Post a Comment