Friday, May 7, 2010

The beginning!

So I have been wanting to keep track of my mountain biking and all my pictures and videos and I was inspired to do a blog. Just some quick info to get the ball rolling: I am 21 and I live in Bloomington, IN. The mountain biking scene here isn't as big as you would think being so close to Brown County State Park and all the trails in and around it. Either way, I love mountain biking tremendously and wish i had gotten into it sooner. As of now, I have two mountain bikes and I love both, but I am looking at getting another this fall. Right now I have a 2001 GT XCR3000. It was my first real mountain bike and has shown me what trail riding is about. It is almost comppletely stock except for saddle, grips, cables and housings, wheels and tires, crankset, chain, and pedals which I guess makes it pretty much not stock when I look at the list. My other bike is a 2007 GT Peace 9r. I bought the peace last winter because I wanted to try single speeding and 29er wheels and I got a steal on it on ebay. The only stock things left on that are crankset, headset, and seatpost. Although, earlier today I purchased a Sette suspension seatpost to see what that is about. For $25, I figure I don't lose a whole lot if I hate it, but if I like it then awesome! I don't know if I have any recent pictures of my XCR so I will wait to put pics of the bikes up when I do get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment